I've made two trips to Colmar over weekends, so here's my advice based off that.
One was a sunny and warm October and the other in May.
Colmar itself: nice to walk around.
- It has a "petite Venise". Go on a little boat tour, it's great.
- the covered/indoor market has good food
- Other recoimmended restaurants nearby:
- Jadis et Gourmande
- Brasserie des tanneurs
Around Colmar:
Gettin around: if you don't have a car, you could rent an e-bike. I rented from Le Velo Libre and found it super easy, you get a code that unlocks the space and easily find where the bike is. They also suggest routes on the wall which are also on the website.
Villages around Colmar: the ones that for me are a MUST are
- Eguisheim (very cool tiny streets, very medieval-defenses but also cute french town vibe) &
- Riquewihr (beautiful, inspired the village in the animated Beauty & the Beast)
If I'd had more time, I would've also visisted: Kayserberg-Vignoble (+ the schloss)&Ribeauville.
Not worth it: Turckheim
A little further, but still close to Colmar:
- Munster (stinky cheese)
- Memorial du Linge 1915
- Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg
- Strasbourg, obviously (30 minute by slow train)
- Mutzig Fort - Feste Kaiser Wilhelm II
- Neuf-Brisach (amazing example of a fortified city a la Vauban, with a Vauban musem). I really want to go, and it is really hard without a car.
No comments:
Post a Comment